Libertarian Party of West Michigan

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Issues & Politics > 2012 Election WZZM Comments

Nicholas Sundquist

Hello I’m Nick Sundquist I am a Libertarian running for Michigan’s 91st district.  I believe that Liberty is the only just and moral way to organize society. Where freedom abounds so does prosperity, but when government grows liberty contracts. 

What would be yourreaction if I said that the office of occupational health and safety ought to be abolished?  Most people I suspect just assume that it is necessary to have a government officer make sure that workplaces are safe. Few people ask themselves what the world would look like in the absence of a government inspector.  I submit that the only difference is that insurers would be more diligent protecting their investments and employers would do the same to keep their premiums low and protect themselves from law suits.  We would all have to pay fewer taxes to support the inspectors. The inspectors would have jobs doing productive things and we would all be wealthier for the effort. This is just one small example of how Government interference hinders prosperity. For more ideas about how liberty is always the better answer, visit me on the web at nicksundquist.com.To make your election research easy we have links to our opponent’s web pages.And Michiganvotes.org. It is a good resource to keep up with your representatives. And I assure you it’s easy to use. If you don’t have internet or just prefer to talk to a live person you can call me at area code 231 3295044 be sure to leave a message if you don’t get an answer right away. I’llcall you back as soon as I can. I’d like to thank the good people at wzzm for giving me this opportunity and all of you for listening. Good day.

--

September 27, 2012 at 11:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.