Libertarian Party of West Michigan

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > A Question about TAXES...

Tom Hren
Administrator

Now that April 15th has come and gone, I have a question that's been bugging me for a very long time: If the government can print "money" or create digital "money" at will (which is backed up by nothing tangible) why is there a need to collect or pay taxes?  I am referring mainly to income taxes.

What do you think?  Please give this question some serious thought.

--

"That government is best which governs least."

January 17, 2013 at 1:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Arnie Davidsons
Administrator

An excellent question, Tom. I've wondered this myself. The only thing that I can think of is that it helps perpetuate the charade that we actually HAVE money!! REAL money is silver or gold! We just pretend to have money, using paper or plastic. The secondary question is this: What will the Government do when their house of cards finally collapses?!?

--
April 24, 2013 at 10:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tom Hren
Administrator

"...helps perpuate the charade that we actually HAVE money"

Excellent, Arnie! That is what I thought, too.

I agree with you on gold & silver--everything else is credit or debt. And the debt far exceeds the amount of money with which to repay it...were are so screwed...it has to collapse at some point.

--

"That government is best which governs least."

April 26, 2013 at 12:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Arnie Davidsons
Administrator

What more can I add? I think we're on the same page.

The house of cards WILL collapse! The only remaining questions are- WHEN?, and- Are we prepared? (most sheeple don't even see it coming!)

I hope that for the safety of you and your family, you live in the country. I would not want to live in the city when the s**t hits the fan!!! (personal opinion)

I'm sure that you already know this, but for the benefit of those that don't...

The Federal Reserve money system is EASY to explain -  I print all the money,(the Fed), and you (the Government) has to borrow it all from me, and  pay me back with interest. Where are you getting the money to pay the interest? You have to borrow that from me, to pay me! I keep getting "richer", and you get deeper in debt! Pretty cool system, if you're the one running it!

It is statistically impossible to pay off the Federal debt. Our "money" is just an illusion. It is NOT real! As you stated, it is only debt.

(Suggested reading- "End the Fed" (by Ron Paul))

I could fill the whole page on just this subject, but I'll stop for now.

April 28, 2013 at 11:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.