Libertarian Party of West Michigan

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Who has read Atlas Shrugged?

LPWM
Site Owner

"When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal not in goods, but in favors; when you see that men get rich more easily by graft than by work, and your laws no longer protect you against them, but protect them against you … you may know that your society is doomed."                 --From Ayn Rand's novel, Atlas Shrugged

April 20, 2013 at 2:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Arnie Davidsons
Administrator

Sorry, I have not read the book, (Been busy reading books about Libertarian Politics, the FED, etc.). But I have seen parts 1&2 of the movie.(not the same, I know). Sadly, the statement above is true NOW! 

April 24, 2013 at 10:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MJClark

I have read it multiple times. Oliver DeMille ad Orrin Woodward just wrote a book Leadershift, that reminds me alot of it, but in a more modern context. 

Atlas Shugged was a pinical book for its time, and in many cases still is, bit misses the details of what needs to hapen to fix this wonderful nation that we live in. However, Rand is dead on on everything that she wrote and I think it is brilliant that she used a story to get the point accross. 

July 31, 2013 at 10:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.